Social Media Specialist
Company: Bigelow Tea
Posted on: March 16, 2020
About Bigelow Tea"If you're looking to join a warm and inviting,
family tea company steeped in tradition and strong family values
that honor our loyal tea drinkers while looking ahead to future
generations of tea lovers, you've come to the right place."
Based in Fairfield, CT and 100% family owned, the Bigelow Tea
Company pioneered the specialty tea category for over 75 years ago.
The three-generational company takes pride in its heritage and
successful growth from a one-product, entrepreneurial venture into
America's leading specialty Tea Company. Producing 2 billion tea
bags annually, the Bigelow Tea line includes more than 150
varieties of Flavored, Traditional, Green, Organic, Herbal,
Decaffeinated and Wellness teas - including its flagship specialty
tea flavor, "Constant Comment", an all-time American favorite.
It is a Certified B Corp, one of a select group of companies that
has designated corporate social responsibility as a core business
goal in the pursuit of a positive social and environmental
The Social Media Specialist will be responsible for developing and
executing a content strategy that aligns with and supports the
brand initiatives. Responsibilities include: monitoring and
reporting on social media activity on Bigelow platforms and
assisting in the development and execution of the digital strategy
within marketing to ensure brand consistency. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Lead and manage monthly content calendar meetings; support
asset creation/curation efforts
- Work closely with the brand team to ensure that social media
strategies align with branding and messaging objectives.
- Monitor social media platforms to identify top performing posts
and make recommendations on future content and media spend; note
potential trends and consumer insights
- Create campaigns that align with brand communication and
- Work with brand team to actively manage/update content asset
- Assist in producing creative/branded video and photography
- Identify appropriate social media channels, design social media
campaigns, track performance, and implement necessary changes.
- Create, monitor, and analyze social media ads.
- Active listening, engagement and analysis including ad
performance on a daily basis
- Monitor product reviews/comments on targeted e-commerce
- Collaborate with sales & marketing team to develop and
implement online initiatives to support strategic retail
- --Assist on an as-needed basis with the execution of consumer
contests and sweepstakes Requirements:
- 3-5 years hands on experience with social media and ecommerce
community management for brands
- Experience in paid media program set up (e.g.: Facebook and
Instagram) as well as experience in social monitoring/ listening
- Experience in SM tools used to post (e.g.: Sprout Social, Hoot
Suite, TweetDeck, Google Analytics)
- Knowledge of social media monitoring and engagement
- A portfolio that demonstrates a unique eye for creating
engaging social content for a brand
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, PR or Communications
- Excellent writing skills - including copywriting, editing and
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and social and
mobile platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Twitter,
LinkedIn, Pinterest, Blogs, Snapchat).
- Ability to work independently as well as in groups and bring
projects to fruition
Keywords: Bigelow Tea, Fairfield , Social Media Specialist, Advertising , Fairfield, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!