Youth Dance Instructor - Fairfield YMCA
Company: Central Connecticut Coast YMCA
Posted on: January 23, 2023
This position supports the mission and work of the Y, a leading
nonprofit, charitable organization. The Dance Instructor provides a
professional dance experience leading advanced classes and
demonstrating a strong technique in various dance styles for
students to replicate. The Dance Instructor assures the well-being
for each participant while using YMCA of the USA guidelines and
association policies in accordance with their training. This
results in a cause-centered culture that is welcoming, genuine,
hopeful, nurturing, and determined.
- Demonstrate the values of caring, honesty, respect and
responsibility in relationships with colleagues, members,
volunteers, vendors and guests.
- Prepare effective lesson plans and teaching methods that can be
adaptive to a variety of students to keep dancers motivated and
- Monitor students' performance level and create achievable goals
to be reached over a period of time.
- Interact with parents in a positive and professional manner,
when necessary, to update families on class and event schedule
changes, makeup class information, upcoming dance events,
performances, and/or new programs.
- Select appropriate music and playlists that best reflect the
age range, dance style, and genre being taught.
- Follow proper opening and closing procedures of the dance
studio before and after class, including taking weekly attendance,
relaying all important announcements and information to each
student before class, turning off sounds system, and returning all
equipment that may be used during class to their designated
- Assist and manage special dance events such as workshops,
clinics, camps, dress rehearsals, class costume days, holiday
shows, community performances and/or other outreach or promotional
events pertaining to the dance program.
- Knows, follows, and enforces all YMCA policies, rules,
regulations, and procedures, including emergency and safety
procedures, and those for the prevention of child abuse.
- Attend all mandatory meetings and trainings.
- All other duties that may be assigned.
- Minimum 5 years of previous dance teaching or related
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Current CPR, AED, and First Aid certification required.
- Must be able to work independently without supervision of
- Possess a varied and successful record in teaching dance.
- Must be detail-oriented, confidentiality-conscious, and
- Willingness to seek advanced training and added
- Able to apply common sense and understanding to carry out
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are critical
to the success of this position.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and handle multiple demands
simultaneously with minimal direction.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service,
decision-making, problem solving, team focus, critical thinking,
and personal leadership skills.
- Knowledge of nonprofit and/or YMCA operations.
- Possess a general knowledge and understanding of the YMCA, its
goals, and its mission.
- Able to work a flexible work schedule if needed with advanced
Keywords: Central Connecticut Coast YMCA, Fairfield , Youth Dance Instructor - Fairfield YMCA, Education / Teaching , Fairfield, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!