Senior Cloud Automation Engineer
Company: IPC Systems, Inc.
Posted on: May 25, 2020
IPC is looking for a Linux Engineer to contribute to the cloud
engineering team in delivering progressive automation and server
architecture to the organization. The ideal candidate for the role
is a team player that gets excited about progressing technology and
is perpetually looking to improve. The person must have experience
in system administration, server-side scripting, VMware, Ansible,
VM deploy automation and a background in coordinating with multiple
teams. They will be expected to perform day-to-day administration
for the Linux RedHat, CentOS and other Linux based operating
systems around the globe while working closely with software
engineering, release engineering and operations teams.
Additionally, the Linux Engineers will be expected to perform
expert root cause analysis of problems while offering redesign
solutions for proactive prevention of problems. Duties and
- Drive architecture, design and engineering support for
Linux/Unix infrastructure deployed on VMWare and other
- The candidate will provide SME support for infrastructure
management and automation support.
- Work collaboratively across cross-functional organizations to
automate and streamline operations and processes using tools such
as Ansible etc. and configuration and monitoring tools provided by
- Perform as primary Linux/Unix Systems Administrator in a large
enterprise environment with minimal supervision.
- Perform Patch management tasks to include: maintaining current
knowledge of available patches, deciding what patches are
appropriate for particular systems, ensuring that patches are
installed properly, testing systems after installation, and
documenting all associated procedures
- Help with policy and documentation when necessary. Provide best
practices and recommendations.
- Ability to work nights and weekends to deal with outages and
maintenance windows and be a part of a team and provide moral and
- Share knowledge. Be open, honest, and have a positive attitude
and support any other duties as assigned.
- Provide guidance and coaching to the junior staff members and
guide them as needed
- Identify automation opportunities and implement automation to
enable teams to build and deploy autonomously. Automate patch
process, environment deployment process and platform security
- Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with
internal or external customers, in written and oral format.
- Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems,
including coordination with network, storage, Oracle database
support personal, software, and system engineers,
- Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve
the performance and reliability of the system including installing,
upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and
- Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and
minimize user impact.
- Develop, document, and automate technical processes and
procedures as needed.
- Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all
cases. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or 10 years min of
equivalent work experience required
- 7 years of hands-on infrastructure automation experience in a
Linux/Unix environment with advanced knowledge of Ubuntu/Debian and
- Expert knowledge of Internet technologies including: TCP/IP,
HTTP, FTP, SSH, and DNS
- Hands on experience working with Ansible (Ansible Modules,
Ansible Playbooks, APIs).
- Experience with one or more open source tools compatible with
Linux/Unix patch automation.
- Hands on experience with change automation and
- Proficient in scripting languages (e.g. shell scripting,
Python, Bash, Perl, etc.)
- Hand on experience with troubleshooting and diagnoses of
hardware and software problems.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining computer
hardware and software in a large-scale enterprise environment.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills. Need
Assistance with Applying for Positions? If you are experiencing
difficulty with the application process or are a disabled
individual or veteran and require a reasonable accommodation in
applying for any posted position, please contact the Human
Resources Team at . Please note that requests for updates on
positions will not receive a response as this is for those who need
assistance in applying. Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: IPC Systems, Inc., Fairfield , Senior Cloud Automation Engineer, Engineering , Fairfield, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!