Company: IPC Systems, Inc.
Posted on: January 15, 2022
The Customer Engineer will possess broad knowledge of IP
Telephony and TCP/IP Networking, with tangible experience providing
technical support for multiple products with diverse complexity.
The Customer Engineer is the principal Engineering contact
responsible for oversight on all technical configuration guidelines
and product interdependencies for a given account. The person
fulfilling this role will also provide strategic Engineering
direction and collaboration with R&D, Sales and Pre-Sales
Engineering on unique Customer Solutions. The person in this role
will be the customer's primary IPC Engineering contact for customer
Problem Management and product defect concerns.Several key factors
and tangible experience are essential to the success of the person
fulfilling this role (as described in the section entitled
'desirable experience'). We require initiative, conceptual and
applied intelligence, and a can do attitude that is not only
focused on constant self-improvement, but also actively
participates in a work environment where every employee is
encouraged to challenge, identify, and ultimately lead improvements
to the status quo.
- Ensure customer is made aware of known product risks; ensure
IPC is made aware of customer dependencies on product defects.
- Research customer originated questions regarding product
interactions, internal design and performance capabilities.
- Provide updates to customer, management and peers; keeping them
informed of activities and progress on the designated account.
- Ensure expectations are properly set with the customer,
management and other stakeholders as it relates to R&D
- Develop technical configurations and customer enterprise
- Develop and/or assists the customer in creating detailed lab
certification plans for the IPC products.
- Effectively handle escalations and engage proper
cross-functional teams and management as necessary.
- Collaborate with the Tier 3 & 4 teams on any positively triaged
issues that require resolution.
- Attends and supports Sales strategy meetings for designated
- Take leadership role in high-risk operations or assist the
project definition for complex projects for assigned account.
Attend customer sites during major cutover, installation or testing
- Regularly seek knowledge transfer from the Customer Engineering
team and R&D on new product
- Regularly seek knowledge transfer on key defect resolutions
from Customer Engineering and Global Support Services.
- Lead the customer engineering organization through any high
severity product issues that may impact the customer
- Assist customer engineering with the development and
maintenance of supplemental workflows, processes and procedures as
they pertain to the designated account.
- Maintain all documentation on Sharepoint/Confluence for
Required Work Experience:
- Extensive years of technology experience in telecommunications,
networking and/or financial applications. Experience with in the
following technologies and methodologies is strongly
- ITIL v3
- Cisco Certified Network Professional
- IP Telephony & CTI Applications
- SIP, RedHat Linux, Voice Trading Systems
- Quick learner of new technology and products.
- Broad experience with voice network technologies and relevant
training and certifications.
- Can communicate clearly and excellently with a wide variety of
people / functions and in a wide variety of formats (verbally, in
writing, drawings/presentations, etc.).
- Must be able to prepare briefings for executive presentations,
both internal to IPC as well as external to customers.
- Strong affinity for customer service.
- Must effectively handle multiple streams of work and work
independently, excellent organization skills, capable of working
with minimal direction, should be a self-starter, diligent and
- Excellent technical/troubleshooting skills, able to use
standard tools and integrate a variety of technical information and
understand large complex systems.
- Maintains high quality standards and ensures that customer
inquiries and requests are responded to in a timely manner.
- Has the ability to identify and recommend process enhancements
to existing support organization policy and procedures. Education:
Degree in Computer and Network Technology or Degree in Computer
Science or Similar equivalent is desirable but not essential.
Keywords: IPC Systems, Inc., Fairfield , Customer Engineer, Engineering , Fairfield, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!