RN Clinical Manager
Company: Interim HealthCare
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Newly Medicare Certified Home Health Agency is looking for a
leader that will work with our great team to do what is needed to
provide top quality patient care while helping to grow our agency.
You will have the ability to help steer our agency and create your
role, and our culture. -General Purpose:The Clinical Manager is
responsible for the oversight of all personnel and all patient care
services provided by the agency, whether directly or under
arrangement. The oversight includes, but is not limited to making
patient and personnel assignments, coordinating patient care,
coordinating referrals, assuring that patient needs are continually
assessed, and assuring the development, implementation, and updates
of the individualized plan of care. The Clinical Manager
facilitates the healthcare team's efficient and effective
achievement of patient outcomes in accordance with the patient's
plan of care, applicable law and regulations, accepted standards of
nursing practice, payor requirements and Interim HealthCare
policies and procedures. The Clinical Manager assists
patients/caregivers to assume responsibility for management of
their care when Interim HealthCare team members are not present.
The Clinical Manager is available during all operating hours and
provides patient care and coordinates the services of an
interdisciplinary team in collaboration with the patient's
- Assures ongoing interdisciplinary assessment of the
- Assures the development and evaluation of the plan of care in
partnership with the patient, representative (if any), and
- Assures services that are ordered by the physician are provided
as indicated in the plan of care.
- Counsels and educates the patient and family in meeting
healthcare related needs.
- Assures the development of the education for the patient and
the family, and other caregivers to promote patient progress toward
mutually established goals.
- Assures timely and accurate clinical notes including addressing
patient's progress towards patient goals.
- Coordinates services including patient care and referrals.
- Assures personnel and patient assignments.
- Effectively communicates with other members of the
interdisciplinary healthcare team providing care to promote
coordination of patient care and planning for discharge.
- Communicates with all physicians involved in the plan of care
and other health care practitioners (as appropriate) related to the
current plan of care.
- Supervises paraprofessional and licensed professional team
- Refers to other services as needed.
- Participates in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement
- Participates in in-services or training, as requested.
- Participates in the Office's Emergency Preparedness program, as
- Follows accepted standards of nursing practice.
- Uses clinical decision making to efficiently and effectively
manage an assigned patient population.
- Accesses personal health information ("PHI") necessary to
fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. - Access to use and
ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each
organization/department.Minimum Education & Experience
- A clinical manager is a person who is a licensed -registered
- Graduate of an accredited school for applicable
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in Connecticut.
- License is active and in good standing.
- Three (3) years home care experience preferred.
- Two (2) years management experience preferred.Knowledge, Skills
& Abilities Required:
- Able to perform and provide evidence of current CPR
certification for adults, children and infants.
- Able to demonstrate strong organizational and managerial
- Computer proficiency including the ability to utilize software
programs for creating documents and data analyses.
- Able to work with people, function well under stress, use
clinical judgment, be creative and accept challenges.
- Able to effectively communicate in English with all levels of
the workforce, both clinical and non-clinical.
- Able to perform and prioritize multiple functions or
- Able to read and interpret technical instructions related to
the care of the patient.
- Able to visually and aurally observe and assess the
- Able to effectively deal with multiple changes based on patient
needs and scheduling.
- Able to provide proof of valid driver's license, if
- Able to provide proof of valid auto liability insurance if
assignment(s) include driving own vehicle to transport.Working
Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Able to frequently travel within geographic area serviced by
office from assignment to assignment.
- Meets the applicable health requirements to provide patient
care per applicable law or regulation.
- Work is normally performed in patient's home, schools, or
- Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, bloodborne
pathogens and/or other potentially infectious or hazardous
materials and situations that require following extensive safety
precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
- Able to frequently stand, walk, bend, stoop, squat, kneel and
- Able to frequently lift, reposition, and transfer patients.
- Able to constantly grasp with thumb in opposition to fingers of
palm, i.e. manipulate pen, knobs or objects.
- Medium physical activity that may require occasional lifting,
pushing or pulling up to 50 lbs. in order to carry out daily job
functions and related activities that may be required.
Keywords: Interim HealthCare, Fairfield , RN Clinical Manager, Executive , Fairfield, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!