Company: Yale New Haven Health
Posted on: November 18, 2020
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand
and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our
Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect,
accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as
individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality
medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the
patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a
Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting
where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees
of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and
contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous,
comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the
care provided to their patients.
Operates Ultrasound equipment to produce high quality images to
assist in clinical diagnosis as directed by Radiologist.
Responsible for performing a variety of duties involving patient
preparation, facilitation of diagnostic and theraputic procedures,
and techinical skills to meet the patient's physicial and
* 1. Starts up equipment and performs QC functions on appropriate
* 2. Ability to prioritize work flow, service schedule and special
* 3. Demonstrates the ability to assess and adapt
technique/treatment to age of patient served.
* 4. Reviews and evaluates scans, video tape, or computer generated
information to ensure high quality images.
* 5. Demonstrates high quality patient care.
* 6. Understands and follows Universal Precautions and Infection
Control Procedures at all times.
* 7. Ensures that all required patient information is accurately
recorded and documented for processing and interpretation by the
* 8. Prepares examination room.
* 9. Prepares patient for required studies giving instruction to
obtain desired result, answering all patient questions.
* 10. Positions patient for appropriate examination respecting the
patient's ability and comfort applying patient safety
* 11. Prepares, identifies and/or administers contrast media as
needed, ensuring consent forms have been explained, signed,
witnessed and dated.
* 12. Involves patient, family and/or significant other treatment
and educational process.
* 13. Monitors patient's condition and reaction, reporting abnormal
* 14. Initiates basic life support when indicated.
* 15. Monitors and documents the use of Cidex for sterilization of
* 16. Provides instruction and development for technologists and
students as assigned to area, acting as a resource to staff.
High school diploma or equivalent. Graduate of a qualified
Sonography Program form an accredited school.
Minimum of three years Medical Sonographic experience
RDMS registry or willing to complete registry within one year of
completed training. Current CPR certification.
Ability to operate all medical equipment within assigned areas.
Computer capabilities including RIS, CR and PACS. Good
communication skills in age specific categories, including
telephone professionalism. Experience with Ultrasound equipment
and/or Portable US equipment preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required
to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms;
and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand, sit and walk.
The employee may occasionally move and/or lift up to 40 lbs. The
specific vision ability required include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is
usually moderate. The nature of the practice may involve exposure
to some hazardous materials such as radionuclides, radiation and
some chemicals used for sterilization and cleansing.
Keywords: Yale New Haven Health, Fairfield , Ultrasonographer-Fairfield, Healthcare , Fairfield, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!