Medical Assistant - Medical Oncology
Company: St. Vincent's Medical Center
Posted on: November 19, 2021
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full TimeStandard Hours: 40Job Shift:
Shift 1Shift Details: Monday-FridayWork where every moment
matters.Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come
to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing
every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of
Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.The Hartford
HealthCare Cancer Institute focuses on offering our cancer patients
an unparalleled network of coordinated services- all under one
roof. Our system of care includes a truly integrated team with the
most talented, experienced, and compassionate caregivers and
physicians, backed by the latest cutting-edge technology.The
Medical Assistant in our outpatient Infusion Center is responsible
for providing outstanding and professional patient care ensure
efficiency and promote a positive patient experience.
Responsibilities include but, are not limited to:
- Assists with the examination and treatment of patients under
the direction of a physician.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records
information on patients' charts.
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone,
maintaining records, and filing.
- Responsible for performing such duties as phlebotomy, patient
scheduling, EKG's, collection of specimens, taking vital signs and
assisting physicians or other providers under the direction and
supervision of a Registered Nurse.QualificationsPreferred
- Certified Medical Assistant. Will consider graduate of Medical
Assistant Program or similar type program such as Multi-Skilled
Assistant in lieu of Certified Medical AssistantEducation:
- Completion of Medical Assistant program preferred.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required.Experience:
- 2 plus years experience as Medical Assistant strongly
- Experience in a fast-paced medical office highly preferred.
- Epic experience preferred.We take great care of careers.With
locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting
opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part
of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new
technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to
countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving
organization starts with thriving employees- we provide a
competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance.
Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Keywords: St. Vincent's Medical Center, Fairfield , Medical Assistant - Medical Oncology, Healthcare , Fairfield, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!