RN Supervisor for 11-7 Shift Full Time
Company: National Health Care
Posted on: January 15, 2023
National Health Care - -
RN Supervisor for 11-7 Shift,
Join Our Amazing Team!!!!
You may also apply on our website at www.nathealthcare.com
MAJOR PURPOSE: Responsible for the overall operation and optimal
quality of care for the residents on the assigned unit. Follows all
health, sanitary and infection control policies and maintains
established standards of practice set forth by the facility's
administration and the Nursing Policies and
- Ability to read, write and comprehend English; ability to
follow oral and written instructions.
- Interest in the nursing needs of the aged and the chronically
ill with the ability to work with both.
- Ability to work with supervisors, co-workers and facility staff
in the performance of duties.
- Ability to work hours as scheduled based on the requirements of
the position/assignment. On call as necessary.
- Practical Nurse licensed in the State of employment. Minimum
one year of education or experience in geriatric nursing or
- Knowledge of nursing theory and practice, including the
administration of medications.
- CPR certified.
- Holds daily shift report with nursing assistants assigned to
the unit prior to the start of the shift. Reviews written daily
assignments for each resident on the assigned unit. Assures
assignments are completed before the end of the shift.
- Makes rounds on assigned residents at least once every two
- Administers medication and treatments according to the
physician's orders. Assumes responsibility for ordering
- Collaborates with Care Plan Coordinator to develop and maintain
nursing care plans and update these plans on a monthly basis or
more often if the resident's condition changes.
- Assists the attending physician with rounds and special
procedures as needed.
- Transcribes, documents and implements physician's
- Contacts the resident's physician and family to notify them of
a change in the resident's condition or accident/incident; also
notifies the supervisor covering.
- Assumes independent responsibility for yearly written
evaluations of nursing assistants and documents accurately their
strengths, weaknesses and the steps taken to improve their
performance. Such evaluations become part of the nursing assistants
permanent records and shall be
- used as the basis to determine the continued employment of
nursing assistants, promotional opportunities and the amount of any
wage increases granted.
- Assumes independent responsibility for documenting disciplinary
concerns for nursing assistants on designated shifts, including
reprimands, oral and written warnings, and recommending the
suspension or discharge of an employee.
- Assumes independent responsibility for completing required
routine documentation and auditing as required.
- Participates in the hiring, interviewing and orientation of
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the day, proper
body mechanics required -- bending, stooping, turning, stretching,
reaching above the shoulders and occasional lifting are
- Must be able to cope with the mental, emotional and physical
stress of the position.
- Must be able to observe, listen and communicate
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal
integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents,
personnel, support agencies, and outside agencies.
Job Type: Full-time
Keywords: National Health Care, Fairfield , RN Supervisor for 11-7 Shift Full Time, Healthcare , Fairfield, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!