Food Service Associate
Company: Global Partners LP
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Job Description:Global Partner's is looking for a Food Service
Associate/ Deli Clerk. Our Fresh Food Associate is responsible for
the store's deli and food service daily operations, ensuring a high
level of sanitation, store appearance and guest service.We know you
have many choices when choosing where to work. And what you really
want to know before applying is, "What differentiates us from the
For over 75 years Global Partners has been delivering the energy,
products and services that make life better with its nearly 1600
locations! This longevity and success begins and ends with people.
We create career paths and provide development programs for all
roles in the organization. We've also successfully developed
community integrated convenience stores where we are transforming
the guest experience and rethinking what it means to lead as the
adaptive energy distribution company. This is a source of pride and
frankly we don't plan on stopping. We're looking for people to
contribute to our company's direction. Global Partners is a great
opportunity for those looking to develop their career with a
longstanding company motivated by what's next.
With our recent game changers such as PaybyCar Contactless Payment
and Renewable Diesel Fuel, we are looking to continue responsible
and innovative growth. No matter which area of the business you
support or which brand you decide to advance within our food
service concepts, Alltown Fresh, Ramuntos, D'Angelos, Subway, Aroma
Joes, or even our convenience brands, XtraMart, Honey Farms, Fast
Freddies, Mr Mikes, Alltown, Jiffy Mart, Gulf, Honey Dew, Mobil
Mart, Verc, Convenience Plus Brands, we know your contributions
will be extremely valued and rewarded.The Types of "Energy" You
- You have passion and love for food.
- You add, subtract, divide, multiply and perform other basic
business math calculations.
- You have a positive attitude and smile at guests and team
- You work cohesively with others.
- You listen and understand guest's verbal and non-verbal
communication and fellow team members.
- You openly communicate professionally through appropriate body
language, facial expressions and speech.
"Gauges" of Responsibility -
- Process cash register transactions, giving back change and
- Learn to use register, scales, scanners and debit/credit
- Learn to use UPC codes, store signage, and learn and memorize
various register keys and codes.
- Read UPC codes, product labels, shelf signage, register forms,
and posted company policies/procedures.
- Learn and work with deli ingredients including various meat
items, vegetables and fruits, spices, nuts, flavorings, sauces and
- Using scale printer machines, ensuring weights and pricing are
- Understanding the importance monitoring product pricing,
signage, and placement as well as the use of product shelf tags and
- Keeping a clean, neat and orderly check stand/sales counter and
work production areas.
- Preparing, wrapping, boxing, weighing, slicing, and stocking
deli/food service products, rotating them as necessary to ensure
product quality and safety.
- The preparation and cooking of deli and food service items,
which includes items like fried foods, salads prepared on premise,
sandwiches, roller grill items, hot and cold beverages, prepared
meals and snack items for hot and cold cases.
- Work safely around sharp slicers, tools and hot ovens and
- Displaying products following deli department and/or
- Taking guest orders, ensuring orders are completed on time and
to the guest's satisfaction.
- Other duties assigned by Store Manager.
"Fuel" for You -
- Coins!We offer competitive salaries and opportunities for
growth. We mean it! We have an amazing Talent Development Team who
create trainings for growth and job development.
- Health + Wellness- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
along with additional wellness support.
- The Road Ahead- We offer 401k and a match component!
- Professional Development- We provide tuition reimbursement;
this benefit is offered after 6 months of service.
The GPS of our Interview Process-
- First thing first, if you're interested in the role, please
- A talent acquisition team member will review your resume in
partnership with the hiring manager. If your experience would lend
to this opportunity a recruiter willcontactyou to schedule an
- We conduct phone interviews and on-site interviews and will
provide you with additional hiring information items needed at that
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- Flexibility to work weekend, holiday and/or evening shifts and
assist other locations as needed.
- Must have 2 years foodservice or retail management.
- Must have reliable transportation and an active driver's
- Serv-safe certification preferred.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Work in walk-in coolers and freezers.
- Stand for long periods of time, bend and twist below waist, and
frequently lift and/or maneuver merchandise and supplies, as well
as reaching above shoulder height.
- Be dexterous enough with hands and fingers so as to be able to
use necessary equipment, including knives, slicers, burners, ovens,
fryers and rotisseries.Wage Disclosure: $13-$14/hourResearch shows
that many, especially women and other marginalized people, are
hesitant to apply for job if they don't check every box. If you are
excited about this position, and think you could have an impact
here, please apply anyway, even if you don't meet every point on
the job description. We'd love to hear from you.Global is committed
to attracting, developing and retaining a highly qualified, diverse
and dedicated work force and maintains a zero-tolerance policy with
respect to discrimination in its workplace. We consider
applications for all positions without regard to age, ancestry,
race, gender, color, religion or creed, marital status, national
origin, citizenship, disability, military or veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic predisposition
or carrier status, status as a victim or witness of domestic
violence, sex offenses or stalking, prior record of arrest or
conviction, unemployment status or any other classification or
status protected by applicable state, local or federal law. If you
have a disability and need an accommodation to apply, please
contact our recruiting department at 781-891-4000.
Keywords: Global Partners LP, Fairfield , Food Service Associate, Hospitality & Tourism , Fairfield, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!