Pizza Cook - Fairfield
Company: Sally's Apizza
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Sally's Apizza is growing! Sally's Apizza is one of the famous
cornerstone restaurants continuously operating since 1938. Known
for their thin crust pizza made using the freshest ingredients
baked in the original 80+ year old coal-fired oven.At Sally's
Apizza, we're always going the extra mile. Lucky for you, our
pizza-obsessed crew is growing and looking for pizza line, and prep
cooks. If you've got some pizza experience or simply want to start
your culinary career with the OGs of New Haven-style apizza, then
Apply today!We are looking for the perfect fit to grow with our
brand. You will partner with a management team to foster and
support the goal of serving Sally's iconic pizza while providing a
great guest experience time and time again.As Sally's Apizza is
growing, we'd like to welcome new hard-working, loyal, and
dedicated team members.Interested in becoming part of the team?
We'd love to have you!As the Pizza Cook you will---.
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be
organized and easily accessible.
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking.
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables,
cutting meat, and other meal prep.
- Set up workstations and ingredients so that food can be
prepared according to recipes.
- Ensure that all food and other items are stores properly.
- Complete opening and closing checklists.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary workstation area in all areas of
the prep kitchen.This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working
on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent
shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work
than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if
they might fail
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on
tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure
environmentSALLY'S CORE VALUESObsession for ApizzaTrue passion for
the uncompromised quality and tradition of New Haven Apizza. Strive
for excellence and bring your personal best to work every
day.Commitment To Our GuestsDemonstrate warmth and care while
creating memorable moments of hospitality for all guests.Strength
of CharacterTake pride in your job and use best judgment to do what
is right and fair even when no one else is looking. Actively seek
to build trust with colleagues and guests.We Are FamilyWe are a
hard-working crew that takes care of and supports one another while
courageously providing honest feedback to hold each other
accountable.ROLE COMPETENCIES FOR PREP COOKSLanguage
- Basic Spanish (preferred but not required)Experience
- Hands-on experience with preparing and baking pizza doughs
- Good time-management skills
- Flexibility to work in shifts, including weekends and
eveningsAttention To Detail
- Taking responsibility for a through and detailed method of
- Having and using knowledge of systems, situations, procedures,
and culture inside the organization to identify potential problems
and opportunities, perceiving the impact and the implications of
decisions on other components of the organization.Oral
- Shaping and expressing ideas and information in an effective
- Upholding accepted social and ethical standard in job-related
activities and behaviors.Work Environment
- This Employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the
Federal Government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that
you are authorized to work in the U.S.
- Este empleador participa en E-Verify y proporcionar-- al
gobierno federal la informaci--n de su Formulario I-9 para
confirmar que est-- autorizado para trabajar en los EE. UU.
- A minimum, of 1 year of experience in kitchen preparation and
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers and kitchen
- Must be able to work on your feet for up to 10 hours at a time
and lift 50lbs.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 5 hours).
- Must be available days, nights, weekends, and holidays.Benefits
offered for full-time positions only.Job Types: Full-time,
Part-timeSalary: $15.00 - $22.00 per hourBenefits:
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Referral program
- Vision insurancePhysical setting:
- Casual dining restaurantShift: Day & Night ShiftsWeekly day
range: Weekend availabilityEducation: High school or equivalent
- Cooking: 1 year (Preferred)
- Restaurant Experience: 1 year (Preferred)#LI-DNIPowered by
Keywords: Sally's Apizza, Fairfield , Pizza Cook - Fairfield, Hospitality & Tourism , Fairfield, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...