Company: SGS North America
Posted on: April 27, 2021
Company Description SGS is the world's leading inspection,
verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized
as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than
94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and
laboratories around the world.Job Description
- Utilize aseptic techniques during sample preparation and
- Prepare test solutions and reagents.
- Maintain proper labeling, handling, storage, use, and disposal
of solutions, biohazard and hazardous waste, and microbiological
- Perform serial dilutions and enumerate target microorganisms
according to standard operating procedures.
- Detect pathogens that may cause foodborne illness using DNA and
- Prepare and sterilize culture media.
- Extract desired components from samples using standard chemical
procedures such as distillation, solvent extraction and acid
- Analyze chemical composition using standard laboratory
- Maintain and verify general laboratory equipment.
- Document and record accurate data using Laboratory Information
Management System (LIMS).
- Manage time and tasks efficiently while maintaining an
exceptional quality of work.
- Think independently while working in a team environment.
- Be detail oriented while understanding the big
- A four-year degree in microbiology, chemistry, food science,
biology, or related discipline or equivalent industrial laboratory
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds
- Experience with Windows PC and Microsoft Office.
- LIMS software experience a plus
- Schedule includes at least one weekend dayAdditional
Information SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we
recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job
classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a
protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without
reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are
representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities
required.This job description should not be construed as an
exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements,
but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein
restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time.If you are applying for a
position within the United States and you have difficulty
completing the on-line employment application because of a
disability, please call for assistance and leave a message. You
will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for
general employment information, but is only for individuals who are
experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a
disability.Information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: SGS North America, Fairfield , Microbiologist, Other , Fairfield, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!