In Store Sales Representative
Company: Behr Process Corporation
Posted on: June 6, 2021
JOB SCOPE/ SUMMARY:
- Create and build strong, positive, sustaining relationships
with customers and Pro Desk Associates.
- Partner with Home Depot Associates to establish long-term
relationships and grow the business with the Pro Contractors.
- Create brand awareness and penetration through training,
facilitating, selling, and advising.
- Partner with Home Depot for timely and accurate delivery of
finished goods to Contractors.
- Working safely is part of our culture and is a condition of
- Prospect new Pro business within the store with continuous
follow-up to drive additional sales.
- Manage on-going Contractor and Home Depot relationships. Advise
and train customers of products / brands, including proper usage,
features, and benefits that are best for the project.
- Focus on customer service by ensuring that service standards
are maintained and customer issues are quickly and efficiently
resolved. Facilitate will-call services in conjunction with Pro
- Manage the delivery of products to customer sites. Maintain an
understanding of local market operations based on selling habits
and customer base to increase sales.
- Ensure customer orders meet all specifications. Conduct paint
and/or stain color matching and making product recommendations to
customers (Dot Cards Maintenance) and be the resident Color
Matching expert to ensure color accuracy. Point person for Behr Pro
Reps and Pro Contractors' needs and inquiries.
- Maintain current knowledge of inventory levels, adjust
inventory as needed to support on-going jobs with Home Depot and/or
in store rep to make any inventory adjustments.
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems/complaints which
may include coordination with the Technical Services Team.
- Promote sundry items to complement paint products
- Collaborate with all appropriate departments (Sales, Marketing,
Distribution, Customer Service, etc.) to meet and exceed sales
goals and report information as necessary.
- Ensure paperwork and delivery documents are properly executed,
including managing and maintaining Contractor's files, jobs,
colors, and projects.
- Achieve sales plan with month to month budget review.
- Abide by all company policies and procedures and maintain a
safe and ethical work environment
- High School or equivalent
- Related sales and/or customer service experience and/or
training in a commercial coatings environment
- Sales, retail, or customer service experience with previous
experience in a paint store or big box retail store
- Ability to follow oral or written instructions; read and
acknowledge completion of work orders
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Knowledge of MSA Office Suites and/or software applications
related to job functions
- Ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions
furnished in written or verbal form
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole
numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to communicate with vendors on company products
- Knowledge of architectural coatings
- Strong selling, networking and relationship building
- Ability to work effectively across functions to achieve desired
customer satisfaction goals
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Exceptional Negotiation skills
- Experience in Construction Trade a plus
- Experience in Salesforce CRM or similar system
- Ability to adapt approach and style to achieve account
- Ability to lift 75 lbs. on a routine basis
- Work schedule - Monday to Friday with some weekends
- Must be able to travel to local stores: Fairfield, Bridgefort,
Strafford, Orange, Norwalk, and Standford
Shift 1 (United States of America)
BEHR (the "Company") is an equal opportunity employer and we
want to have the best available persons in every job. The Company
makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the Company's
policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity
(including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion,
salary increases, benefits, termination and all other terms and
conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic
information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry,
age, physical/mental disability, medical condition,
marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status,
height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by
federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying
with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities.
This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations
of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and
prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the
BEHR is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based
system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in
partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that
allows participating employers to electronically verify the
employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United
States. Please click on the following links for more
E-Verify Participation Poster: English & Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English & Spanish
Keywords: Behr Process Corporation, Fairfield , In Store Sales Representative, Other , Fairfield, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!