VIDEO INTERVIEW REQUIRED
To be considered for next steps in the interview process, we
require all Medical Assistant applicants for positions in our
Ambulatory Departments to introduce themselves to us with a digital
video interview. (Applicants that are current employees of
Connecticut Children's do not need to complete a video interview.)
Please complete your application, and then return to this page to
complete your digital video interview.
Click Here to take the first step in your interview process with
Under the direct supervision of the Practice Manager and /or
Registered Nurse (RN), performs a variety of administrative,
clinical, departmental support, and documentation duties to promote
the health, safety, and comfort of CT Children's patients and
A Medical Assistant (MA) may be required to perform any or all
of the following fundamental
Documentation, Administrative, Clinical, and Department Support
- Supports the patient check-in and check-out processes.
- Scheduling and coordinating all patient appointments.
- Answering and directing calls.
- Process pre-authorizations and pre-certifications.
- Prepare and files medical record.
- Provides cross coverage for other administrative roles.
- Maintains clinical files according to organization/department
- Processes patient related correspondence.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information.
- Ensures efficient patient flow.
- Prepares treatment rooms and equipment for patient
- Provides appropriate procedural support following department
- Performs initial intake of patient, up to and including:
Interviews patient and family to obtain chief
complaint/reason for visit, vital signs, and allergy
information. Accurately records and/or updates relevant patient
- Performs daily Quality Controls (QC) for all Point of Care
- Obtain specimens, accurately performs and records patient POC
testing per policy.
- Under provider and/or RN direction, performs tracking and
retrieval of patient lab/diagnostic testing results
to facilitate timely provider review and follow-up.
- Under provider and/or RN direction, performs the administrative
functions of the patient prescription
renewal process in accordance to policy.
- Provides cross coverage for other appropriate clinical
- Provide support as needed for departmental medical record
- Cleans and stocks patient care rooms between patients.
- Maintains appropriate inventories of all medical supplies.
- Stocks and maintains all patient related forms and educational
- Utilizes equipment appropriately and notifies Practice Manager
in a timely fashion of equipment/facility
break-down or damage.
- Documentation is legible and falls within the appropriate MA
- Accurately documents patient information on appropriate forms.
Demonstrates accuracy in basic data entry
and data retrieval of paper/electronic patient records.
OTHER RELATED ACTIVITES
- Performs other duties as may be assigned to promote the health,
safety and comfort of CT Children's
patients and families.
- Ability to travel to satellite locations may be required.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the age-related differences and needs
of patients in appropriate, specific
populations form neonate through adolescence and applies them to
practice. Demonstrates cultural
sensitivity in all interactions with patients/families.
- Demonstrates an awareness of safety needs and a basic knowledge
of medical terminology, infection
control, risk management, and environment of care policies.
- Asks questions, clarifications, and assistance when needed and
in situations that fall outside of the MA
scope of practice.
- Demonstrates support for the mission, vision, values, and goals
of the organization through behaviors that are consistent with CT
- Basic Understanding of CT Children's Policies and
- Understanding of the organization's environment of care.
- High School Diploma, GED, or a higher level of education that
would require the completion of high school, is required.