Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Primary Care
Company: William Backus Hospital
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to
work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every
moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's
most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford HealthCare Medical Group is one of the largest medical
practices in New England with multiple locations throughout
Connecticut and Rhode Island. We consist of a team of professionals
ranging from Medical Assistants to Physician Assistants and
everything in between. Our physician led medical group enjoys an
excellent reputation with patients and the medical community,
offering primary care, urgent care and more than 30 different
- Provides basic clinical care to clinic patients under the
direction of a registered nurse or physician, functioning within
scope of license.
- Contributes to the assessment of patients by collecting data
for analysis by a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Administers medications and observes patients for adverse
reactions to medications or treatments.
- Performs routine laboratory tests and simple therapeutic
- Educates patients/families about disease treatment plan
including self care post discharge, holistic health needs,
available resources and follow up care.
- Oversee clinical quality initiatives are current; assist with
closing care gaps.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional,
psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends and
- Maintains safe clean working environment by complying with
procedures, rules and regulations.
- Carries our orders under the direction of the physician.
- Works collaboratively with Practice Healthcare Team.
- Other Duties as assigned
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse credentialed from the
Connecticut Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date
or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart
Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date
or job transfer date.
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red Cross
obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
- 5 years of medical office experience preferred.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers
exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you
are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring
new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education
to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving
organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a
competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance.
Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Keywords: William Backus Hospital, Fairfield , Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Primary Care, Other , Fairfield, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!