Head Lifeguard - Fairfield YMCA
Company: Central Connecticut Coast YMCA
Posted on: September 21, 2022
This position supports the mission and work of the Y, a leading
nonprofit, charitable organization. The Head Lifeguard maintains a
supportive, positive atmosphere that welcomes and respects all
individuals. Providing lead supervision for Lifeguards, the Head
Lifeguard assures the well-being for each participant in line with
YMCA of the USA guidelines and Association policies in accordance
with their training. This results in cause-centered culture that is
welcoming, genuine, hopeful, nurturing, and determined while also
managing high-quality, member-focused aquatics programs.
- Models the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect, and
responsibility with members, colleagues, guests, volunteers, and
- Performs all lifeguard responsibilities including monitoring
pool activities, applying first aid, and performing water rescues
- Orients new lifeguards to job duties and responsibilities.
Ensures that all lifeguards are current on their certifications and
perform in accordance with established safety regulations and
- Assists with the scheduling of lifeguards to ensure that
adequate coverage of pool areas is maintained during operating
hours. Fills in for lifeguards as necessary and remains on duty
until shift changes are complete.
- Coordinates and conducts in-service training ensuring full
competency in first aid, CPR, and all water rescue techniques.
- Administers pool chemical tests, as assigned, and responds to
results in accordance with branch procedures.
- Maintains physical presence, remains alert at all times while
on duty, maintains constant visual attention to swimmers, and
remains aware of pool surroundings and participants in the
- Responds to emergencies in accordance with the branch's
emergency plan and follow it accordingly in an emergency.
- Collaborates with branch leadership to maintain knowledge of
all pool maintenance and provides an effective interface with
members to resolve issues and provide effective feedback for
- Knows, follows, and enforces all YMCA policies, rules,
regulations, and procedures, including those for the prevention of
- Ambassador of all YMCA programs with a focus on aquatics
programs, schedules, and member engagement.
- Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is
available as needed.
- Actively participates in all staff meetings, branch and/or
Association events and trainings.
- Must be at least 18 years old with two (2) years' experience as
- Must hold and maintain YMCA, Red Cross, or equivalent lifeguard
- Must hold and maintain CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED,
Oxygen for the Professional Rescuer, and First Aid
- Ability to maintain certification-level physical and mental
- Must demonstrate lifeguard skills in accordance with YMCA
- Must successfully complete a swimming and physical skills test
upon hire, and annually according to CCC YMCA parameters
- Remains calm and objective when under pressure or when
challenged by others
- Effective communication skills necessary to inform, counsel,
motivate, and support members and staff
- Must be observant, safety-conscious, and able to react calmly
and quickly in an emergency
Keywords: Central Connecticut Coast YMCA, Fairfield , Head Lifeguard - Fairfield YMCA, Other , Fairfield, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!