IT Security Analyst - Temp to Perm - REMOTE!
Posted on: February 19, 2021
If you are an IT Security Analyst who would like a REMOTE temp
to perm role, please read on!
We are a growing Cyber Security consulting organization looking for
an IT Security Analyst to join our team. This is a temp (contract)
role, hoping for you to go permanent with us after one year.
The security analyst plays an integral part in the development,
implementation, and compliance of technical security across the
enterprise. The analyst is responsible for managing risks related
to information security, physical security, business continuity
planning, crisis management, privacy, and compliance. In addition,
the analyst will track and measure that all employees are trained
on enterprise and governmental security requirements through
What You Will Be Doing
- Hands on IT Security professional that can implement security
standards, processes and procedures, and guidelines for the
- Ensures security compliance and meets all service-level
- Reports security performance against established security
- Implements system concepts and works on the capabilities phases
of the systems development lifecycle; translates technology and
environmental conditions (e.g., law and regulation) into system and
security designs and processes
- Conducts the integration/testing, operations, and maintenance
of systems security
- Responds to crisis or urgent situations within the pertinent
domain to mitigate immediate and potential threats. Uses
mitigation, preparedness, and response and recovery approaches, as
needed, to maximize survival of life, preservation of property, and
- Investigates and analyzes all relevant response activities
- Conducts assessments of threats and vulnerabilities, determines
deviations from acceptable configurations or enterprise or local
policy, assesses the level of risk, and develops and/or recommends
appropriate mitigation countermeasures in operational and
- Understands the trade-offs required to manage the different
levels of risk tolerance and risk exposure across the organization
and balance this with risk investments
- Creates an information security awareness program to ensure
staff members across the organization understand the trade-off
between risk and return
- Understands the voice of the customer and develops mechanisms
to proactively sense adoption and usage patterns of consumer
technologies by end users so that policy can align with need
- Coordinates with technology and business groups to assess,
implement, and monitor IT-related security risks/hazards
- Consults with customers to gather and evaluate functional
requirements and translates these requirements into technical
solutions. Provides guidance to customers about applicability of
information systems to meet business needs.
What You Need for this Position
- Bachelors or masters degree in computer science, management
information systems, information assurance, cyber security, or
- Professional experience in running the information security
office analyzing and applying information security, risk
management, and privacy practices
- Extensive experience in strategic planning, budgeting, and
- Consulting and general industry experience
- Experience in law enforcement and/or national security is
- Knowledge of national and international regulatory compliances
and frameworks such as ISO, DFARS, ITAR, GDPR and the EU DPD,
HIPAA, NIST CSF
- Knowledge of Information Security tools, (e.g., Firewalls,
Security Operations Center, SPAM Filtering programs, Microsoft O365
ATP, Virtual Desktops, Networking)
- Strong understanding of NIST SP 800-53r4 and NIST SP 800-171
and DFARS controls and requirements
- Certifications: The following certifications can be substituted
for experience, but are nice to have
CISSP, GSEC, any GIAC Blue Team certification.
What's In It for You
We can offer you a long term contract with the hopes of being
permanent with us in one year!
This is a REMOTE position, live anywhere!
So, if you are an IT Security Analyst - temp to perm with
experience, please apply today!
Email Your Resume In Word To
Looking forward to receiving your resume through our website and
going over the position with you. Clicking apply is the best way to
apply, but you may also:
- Please do NOT change the email subject line in any way. You
must keep the JobID: linkedin : RK3- -- in the email subject line
for your application to be considered.***
Rhona Kannon - Principal Director - CyberCoders
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Your Right to Work - In compliance with federal law, all persons
hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work
in the United States and to complete the required employment
eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Keywords: CyberCoders, Fairfield , IT Security Analyst - Temp to Perm - REMOTE!, Professions , Fairfield, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!