Senior Systems Support Technician
Company: Sacred Heart University
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Sacred Heart University - Senior Systems Support Technician
About Sacred Heart University:As the second-largest independent
Catholic university in New England, and one of the fastest-growing
in the U.S., Sacred Heart University is a national leader in
shaping higher education for the 21st century. SHU offers more than
80 undergraduate, graduate, doctoral and certificate programs on
its Fairfield, Conn., campus. Sacred Heart also has satellites in
Connecticut, Luxembourg and Ireland and offers online programs.
More than 9,000 students attend the University's eight colleges and
schools: Arts & Sciences; Communication, Media & the Arts; Computer
Science & Engineering; Health Professions; the Isabelle Farrington
College of Education; the Jack Welch College of Business &
Technology; the Dr. Susan L. Davis & Richard J. Henley College of
Nursing; and St. Vincent's College. Sacred Heart stands out from
other Catholic institutions as it was established and led by laity.
The contemporary Catholic university is rooted in the rich Catholic
intellectual tradition and the liberal arts, and at the same time
cultivates students to be forward thinkers who enact change in
their own lives, professions and in their communities. The
Princeton Review includes SHU in its Best 386 Colleges - 2021
Edition, "Best in the Northeast" and Best Business Schools - 2020
Edition. Sacred Heart is home to the award-winning, NPR-affiliated
radio station, WSHU, a Division I athletics program and an
impressive performing arts program that includes choir, band, dance
and theater.Job Description:The successful candidate for Senior
Systems Support Technician will maintain and support all aspects of
SHU domain and e-mail systems, including servers, backups, and data
security. Responsibilities Include:
- Assist Manager of Information Systems and Architecture in the
- Support and administer Active Directory-based domain for 5000+
- Multiple Active Directory servers;
- Microsoft Exchange environment;
- Anti-Spam and Anti-Virus Gateways and Servers;
- NetApp administration and SNAP storage for student and faculty
- Cisco UCS server-class servers hosting SQL databases, web
services, and other applications.
- Manage support queue and strive for 2 hour turnaround time on
- Maintain a minimum of 4-hour response toward a goal of 24/7
uptime on all servers, troubleshooting systems-related problems and
coordinating with other NOC staff as required.
- Full accountability for system (1) availability, (2) integrity,
and (3) confidentiality. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Remote access support (e.g. Citrix, RDP, OWA);
- Data store and redundancy (e.g. NetApp, Tegile);
- Tape backups and rotations (e.g. Unitrends);
- E-mail archiving systems (e.g. ArcMail);
- Productivity and collaboration tools (e.g. Office 365, G
- Documentation of all hardware located in NOC, via SharePoint,
Visio, and other technologies;
- Continually drive development and improvement of "best
practices" standards for NOC hardware installation and deployment,
including future-proofing and scalability;
- Assist senior management in:
- Staying on top of current trends in server systems and related
- Security issues and early-warning of breaches or usage
- Candidate must be self-motivated and self-directing, capable of
setting objectives and then measuring performance against those
- Understands basic networking (Experience with VLANs, Subnets,
- Experience with Windows-based infrastructure and Windows
- Experience with Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, mail
relays, DNS tables, and mail routing structures.
- 2 to 3 years direct, hands-on experience administering e-mail
- Experience working with Office 365 and/or G Suite for
- Knowledge of storage arrays such as NetApp and Tegile.
- Knowledge of scripting /automation skills using PowerShell,
Bash, or Python.
- Experience reporting quantitative metrics, and concise
explanation of data to upper management,.
- Experience designing or documenting disaster recovery/business
continuity (DR/BC) systems is a plus.
- Experience with Linux-based infrastructures and Linux/Unix
administration is a plus.
- Experience with Azure and AWS is a plus.
- CompTIA, Microsoft, Citrix, VMware, Cisco and other industry
certifications are a plus.
- Bachelors' or Masters' Degrees are a plus.Additional
Information:Position is required to carry mobile phone with email
at all times, and needs to be available to work odd hours when
required. This includes some weekends, nights, and possibly some
holidays.Application Instructions:Please apply online , faxes and
emails will not be accepted. A cover letter is appreciated.Sacred
Heart University is a space that respects and embraces differences,
recognizes the unique contributions that individuals can make, and
creates a community that maximizes the potential of all faculty and
staff. As an equal opportunity employer applications from qualified
candidates who reflect the wider world in which we live are
encouraged. - provided by Dice
Keywords: Sacred Heart University, Fairfield , Senior Systems Support Technician, Professions , Fairfield, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!