Guest Service Agent
Company: Stonebridge Companies
Posted on: March 17, 2023
The purpose of a GUEST SERVICE AGENT is to serve as the primary
contact for all guests throughout their stay and effectively and
efficiently check guests in and out of the hotel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate the front desk according to standard operating
procedures and with exceptional guest service.
- Operate with accuracy the reservation system, check-in and
checkout system and credit card system, following all safety and
- Check registration (folio) cards for completeness, accuracy,
- Maintain accurate cash sheet. Responsible for cash drawer
- Operate the switchboard and disperse calls as required by your
shift. Take guest messages and faxes with accuracy, always noting
the date and time of message. Repeat message back to caller to
assure the accuracy of the message. Use message light to tell
guests that they have a message waiting.
- Know emergency procedures and how to respond.
- Never say a guest's room number out loud.
- Be knowledgeable of hotel promotions.
- Know room rate. Also know the amenities of the rooms so you can
inform guests of what to expect in their rooms.
- Know physical makeup of building-exterior and interior. Know
where the closest shopping, convenience store and gas station
- Complete daily reports, audits correspondences etc. as required
by your shift.
- Keep lobby and office area clean at all times,
- Set wake-up calls as dictated by your shift.
- Prepare room status sheet for housekeeping and update
housekeeping on rooms available to clean as guests checkout or
leave for the day.
- Take and confirm credit cards for validity and
- Lock and secure area if leaving the front desk, even if it is
for a moment!
- Create incident reports for guest injuries / issues when
- Answer all calls within three (3) rings. All calls are to be
answered in a "scripted" manner.
- Take and record reservations with accuracy. Confirm as
- Resolve guest complaints.
- Maintains regular attendance, is consistently on time, and
observes prescribed work, break and meal periods in compliance with
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which include compliance with the dress code.
- Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of
DESIRED COMPETENCIES, WORK SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate
the following competencies. Other competencies may be required.
Associate demonstrates a high QUALITY of work:
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Provides the best possible service to clients and customers.
Associate demonstrates acceptable PRODUCTIVITY standards
- Meets or exceeds productivity standards.
- Produces adequate volume of work efficiently in a specific
time. Associate demonstrates excellent CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
- Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Demonstrates the desire and ability to provide high quality
service to both internal and external customers.
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service. Associate
- Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making. Associate
demonstrates ACCOUNTABILITY for their job performance
- Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Performs work with little or no supervision; works
- Can be relied upon regarding task completion and follow up.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three
to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to speak English fluently.
- Ability to interpret and perform basic computer and POS system
The work environment normally entails the following:
---Indoor work environment
---May be exposed to and use of cleaning chemicals throughout the
---Minimal to moderate noise levels consistent with hotel
Top of Form
During the course of performing the physical demands of this
position, associates are expected to observe and adhere to safety
and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
The physical activity normally entails the following
Position is expected to:
---Stand more than 2/3 of the time
---Walk less than 1/3 of the time
---Sit less than 1/3 of the time
---Lift up to 15 lbs
---Push / pull up to 10 pounds
Our company does not discriminate against its associates or
applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy,
national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation,
veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition.
Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all
aspects of the employer-associate relationships, including
recruitment, hiring, advancement, compensation, benefits, training,
promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination.
Every reasonable accommodation will be made for disabled
Resumes and applications for employment will be evaluated on the
basis of qualifications to meet the requirements of the position
and ability to perform the requirements of the position.
Keywords: Stonebridge Companies, Fairfield , Guest Service Agent, Sales , Fairfield, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...